‘Adventure on top world’s Sixth Highest mountains with sweeping panorama of Nepal-Tibet Himalaya’
- Adventure on top world’s sixth highest Mt. Cho-Oyu within vast and scenic Tibetan high plateau Sweeping panorama of Tibetan tableland with range of mountains views that straddles Nepal-Tibet
- Overland journey on old Trans-Himalayan Salt and Caravan Route of Nepal & Tibet / China
- Adventurous drive and walks towards Mt. Shisapangma within remorseless fields of ice and glaciers
- Explore traditional and impressive Tibetan villages of great interest in the harmony of Buddhist culture
- Drive along high scenic green hills of Langtang Himal within great Central Himalayan peaks
Journey within world highest and largest plateau of Tibet-China with ever present views of mountains
- Mode of Accommodation: Hotels-Lodge during drive with camping at BC & climb
- Expeditions Grade: A Full Fledge Mountaineering Expeditions
- Trek and climb duration: 37 nights and 38 days (with drive, trek and climb)
- Total Expeditions: 42 nights & 43 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
- Season: March to May / September to October
Mt. Cho Oyu Expeditions leads to an exciting adventure on top of world 6th highest peaks that stands astride the Nepal and Tibet border, a mere 70 kilometers west of Everest.
It is the world’s sixth highest mountains regarded as one of the most straightforward climb to its summit top. The normal route ascends the north-west face from the Tibetan side of the Nangpa La, which is an old Caravan and Trading route to Nepal. This will be our final route for the ascent.
Mt. Cho Oyu Expeditions led and first climbed by S. Joechler, H. Trichy and P Dawa Lama of Austrian expedition in 1954. Then It was only ascended twice more (Indian 1958, German 1964) before the Chinese closed Tibet to foreign expeditions.
Since it reopened in 1980’s, Mt. Cho Oyu’s normal route has been climbed many times, the mountain is accessible, technically safe and easy, with one short steep section low down.
Our Mt. Cho-Oyu Expedition starts driving from the capital Kathmandu using a newly opened route for foreigners entering from Langtang region of Rasuwa district to enter Kyirong frontier town also spelled as Kyidrong or called Dzonga with Tibet side, where drive leads over vast and scenic Tibetan plateau to reach the northern side of the mountain.
From the road-head after Old Tingri town, where drive on bumpy rough road leads to the base camp of Mt Cho-Oyu.
We have allocated more than 22 days from the base camp for safe and successful climb to reach its summit top, offering superb panorama of Tibet and Nepal mountains and breath-taking views of landscapes.
After a great success and triumph on top world 6th highest mountain, then heading back to Kathmandu on the same route with overwhelming memories and adventure on Mt. Cho-Oyu Expeditions.
- Day 01 Arrive in Kathmandu via respective airlines meet our staff and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02-03 At leisure in Kathmandu.
- Day 04 Drive to Syabrubesi 1,460 m – 07 hrs journey.
- Day 05 Drive to Kyirong County 3,950 m -105 km via Rasuwagadhi 1,800 m.
- Day 06 In Kyirong rest day for acclimatization.
- Day 07 Drive to Old Tingri (4, 350 m)-205 Kms.
- Day 08 At Old Tingri for rest and leisure hike.
- Day 09 Drive to Cho-Oyu Base Camp.
- Day 10-11 At Cho Oyu Base Camp.
- Day 12 Trek towards Cho Oyu High Camp.
- Day 13-34 22 Days Climbing Period.
- Day 35 Return Advance Base Camp.
- Day 36 Return to Base Camp.
- Day 37 At Cho Oyu Base Camp for cleanup of all the unnecessary waste / garbage.
- Day 38 Drive to Old Tingri.
- Day 39 Drive to Kyirong in local guesthouse - 06 hrs.
- Day 40 Drive to Dhunche town 1,900 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 41 Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel - 05 hrs.
- Day 42 In Kathmandu rest and submit expeditions report to concern department.
- Day 43 Transfer to Airport for the International departure.
Arrive in Kathmandu via respective airlines meet our staff and transfer to Hotel.
In Kathmandu, we will stay at the Hotel. Team members will be accommodated on a twin sharing basis. If you prefer, you may have a single room for which a supplement at extra payable.
At leisure in Kathmandu.
The priority for the day will be to check everyone’s equipment to make sure that it is equal to the conditions one can expect on Shisapangma Climb. Afternoon free for any last minute purchases that you may need to make from the well stocked climbing shops in the city.
Drive to Syabrubesi 1,460 m – 07 hrs journey.
Starting our adventure with an overland drive towards North West of Kathmandu past farm villages and towns with grand views of snowcapped peaks and then reaching at cooler areas within Langtang Himal in Dhunche 1,900 m high, a main and headquarter town of Rasuwa district around Langtang area, populated by Tamang people the hill tribe of Nepal.
From here downhill for two hours with overnight at Syabrubesi, the door to Langtang, Ganesh and into Tamang Heritage Trail and as well to Tibet border.
Drive to Kyirong County 3,950 m -105 km via Rasuwagadhi 1,800 m.
From Syabrubesi morning drive on newly built road linking Nepal / Tibet border to Rasuwagadhi (1,800m / 15 km / few hour drive from Syabrubesi).Here received by our Tibetan counterpart guide and drivers, after completing immigration & custom formalities on both side of the frontier Nepal / Tibet at Rasuwagadhi, continue drive further to Kyirong county with first overnight stop in Tibet accommodation at local guest-house.
In Kyirong rest day for acclimatization.
A necessary and important rest day for acclimatization before heading towards higher areas into Tibetan vast plateau, this village provides a perfect place with an altitude of 3,950 m as next day drive leads above 4,500 meters and much higher over passes.
At Kyirong relax and enjoy the views of Ganesh and Langtang Himal that straddles the border of Nepal and Tibet.
Drive to Old Tingri (4, 350 m)-205 Kms.
From Kyirong onward where Tibetan high plateau begins as morning drive leads past Tibetan farm villages to reach on the junction of Mt. Kailash route and towards main Lhasa and Kathmandu Friendship Highway to reach Old Tingri.
As journey continues within dry and arid country reaching below Lalung-la Pass of above 5,050m high offering views of Mt. Shisapangma 8,013m the highest mountain wholly within Tibet.
From this scenic spot drive leads on good road towards Old Tingri from here excellent view of
Mt. Everest and of Mt. Cho-Oyu, at Old Tingri transfer to local Guest House for overnight.
At Old Tingri for rest and leisure hike.
At Old Tingri for proper acclimatization before heading towards Mt. Cho Oyu Base Camp and beyond, here with time visit its traditional village and witness the culture of Tibetans of age-old traditions.
Drive to Cho-Oyu Base Camp.
Starting our actual adventure where morning drive leads away from the main highway as our route diverts towards South East on bumpy track that leads to the road head below Mt. Cho Oyu.
At Cho Oyu Base Camp.
Here at Cho Oyu Base Camp, enough time of preparation for the big climb, sorting out the gear and to get fully acclimatized.
Trek towards Cho Oyu High Camp.
After a good rest and preparation at the Base Camp, few hours of strenuous walk and climb leads towards the High Camp for acclimatization and preparations for the final long haul to the summit of Mt. Cho Oyu.
22 Days Climbing Period.
Allocated 22 days for the Big Day! With leisure day and final preparations for the ascent to the summit of Mt. Cho-Oyu on top world 6th highest mountain that straddles the border with Nepal of Khumbu region.
During twenty days busy setting advance and high camps probably required Camp II & Camp III after Advance Camp for the final bid to the summit top, where all members and staff will ferry equipment and necessary gears to designated camps.
Assemble all team at Advance Camp and wait for the right day as per the perfect weather for the climb where our leader and head guide will fix the day for the final assault.
Return Advance Base Camp.
Descend to advance base camp and to organize all the equipment to lower down to base camp and for the departure from Mt. Cho Oyu area.
Return to Base Camp.
Descent and trek back to Base Camp with all the remaining equipment for the final departure.
At Cho Oyu Base Camp for cleanup of all the unnecessary waste / garbage.
At Cho Oyu Base Camp clean up and packing, rubbish to be dump at designated dumping site, rest to be brought back to Kathmandu for proper disposal.
Drive to Old Tingri.
Retrace the driving journey back on the same route to Old Tingri within last overnight in high Tibetan plateau.
Drive to Kyirong in local guesthouse - 06 hrs.
A long drive today to reach at Kyirong frontier town, journey leads past great Tibetan dry plateau taking a newly opened route of five hours overland drive to reach the border town of Tibet-China and Nepal at Kyirong for last overnight stop in Tibet.
Drive to Dhunche town 1,900 m - 05 hrs.
Farewell to our Tibetan guides and drivers as morning starts leaving Tibet with short drive to the border post of Nepal and Tibet / Chinaat Rasuwa-Gadhi, here on completing visa and custom formalities then enter into Nepal border at Rasuwa Gadhi, here again following and completing immigration forms and continue drive on rough dirt road for a while to reach at Syabrubesi village, after a short refreshing break journey continues on winding uphill to reach at Dhunche town for overnight stop.
Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel - 05 hrs.
After a great time in Tibet with an adventure on top Mt. Everest back into green vegetation and tall trees, catch the views of Ganesh and Langtang Himal, as morning drive leads downhill reaching around warmer areas of rice fields and terraces past Ramche, Mani-Bhanjyang and Trisuli Bazaar.
From Trisuli Bazaar few hour drive brings you back at Kathmandu, then check into your hotels.
In Kathmandu rest and submit expeditions report to concern department.
A free day in Kathmandu, reserved in case of delay on drive due to road conditions, with spare day enjoy individual activities and shopping, as well to submit expeditions reports to concern Government department.
Transfer to Airport for the International departure.
Today as per your international flight time, our staff transfers you to airport for final departure from the country of Himalayan Wonders with grand memories and experience on Mt. Cho-Oyu Expeditions.
Price includes following services:
- Accommodation sharing twin room at Hotel in Kathmandu for 5 nights on Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Airport transfers in Kathmandu.
- Guided sightseeing tour as per itinerary with applicable entrance fees.
- Hotel / Guest House accommodation in Tibet as per itinerary on full board basis.
- Transportation by private vehicle.
- English speaking Tibetan Guide throughout the trip in Tibet.
- Camping arrangement as per itinerary backed by Nepali Crew at Everest BC, Interim Camp, ABC and Higher Camps on full board basis.
- All applicable Climbing Permit and Entry Fees.
- Yak & Yakmen to carry loads between BC-ABC-BC.
- Transportation Kathmandu – Tibet Border – Kathmandu by private non AC Vehicle.
- Service of Nepalese Climbing Sherpas (1 member : 1 Sherpa) with their equipment allowance, daily wages and insurance.
- Royalty payable to Tibet Government for Nepalese staff.
- High Altitude Tents, Rations, EPI Gases, Pots and Pans for High Altitude Camps.
- Walkie Talkie for communication purpose.
- Supply of Satellite Phone for emergency use.
- Supply of Medical Kit for emergency use.
- Tibet Visa Fees.
Our price does not include followings:
- International flights to / from Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fees.
- Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu Hotel.
- Travel, Medical and Personal insurance.
- Expenses of personal nature, i.e. tipping, laundry, bottled drinks, bar bills etc.
- Any expense for early returning member due sickness, injury or any other reason. No refund will be entertained for any unused service.
- Extra expense occurred due to unexpected circumstances like cancellation of internal flights, floods, strike etc.
- Personal clothing and all sorts of personal climbing gear.
For the Expedition of 8000m, one should not compromise with the quality of equipment. Please try to buy / pack well tested and good brand equipment so that your dream to climb the mountain does not disappoint you because of lack of equipment after the years of hard work, dedication and financial expenses.
Here will be a guideline of personal equipment that you need to organize for such extreme climb:
Personal Climbing Equipment List for 7500-8848meters
|01||Three season sleeping bag(-40 Degree)||1||1|
|02||Three season sleeping bag for B.C||1||1|
|04||Down Gore-Tex Suit||1||1|
|05||Down Jacket (-30 Degree)||1||1|
|06||Fleece Pile Jacket (Thermal)||2||2|
|07||Fleece Pile Trouser Warm (Thermal)||2||2|
|08||Windproof Jacket &Trouser||1||1 Pair|
|09||Thermal Suit (Millet/Mountain Hardware/Others)||2||2|
|10||T-shirt and Woolen Shirt Warm||3/3||6|
|13||Down Mitten Gloves-40 Degree||1||1|
|14||Woolen Hat, Fleece Hat & Balaclava||1||3|
|18||Face Mask (Full)||1||1|
|19||Thick Woolen Shocks & Normal Shocks||4pairs/5pairs||9 Pairs|
|20||Trekking Boot Good Condition||1 pair||1 Pair|
|01||Sunglasses UV 400 (Julboo/Ockley/others)||2||2|
|02||Snow Glasses UV 400 (Julboo/Ockley/Cebe/others)||1||1|
|04||Sun-block Cream (Small Tube 30SPF 125ml and 50SPF 125ml)||½||3|
|06||Headlight with Spare Bulbs||1||2|
|07||Enough Batteries for Headlight||1 Pair||10 Pairs|
|08||One-sport Climbing Boot (Millet or similar)||1 pair||1 Pair|
|09||Snow Gaiters Water Proof (For Winter use)||2||2|
|10||Crampon Good Condition (New and Old)||1||2|
|11||Normal/Classical Ice Axe||1||1|
|12||If possible Technical Ice –Axe In a Group||1 set||1|
|13||Harness Adjustable Good Condition (Mix Climbing)||1||1|
|14||Ice screw Black Diamond or similar (Each Member -Size 13cm and16cm)||1||2|
|15||Screw Gate Carabineer (HMS)||3||3|
|16||Non Screw Gate Carabineer||2||2|
|17||Ascender (Jumar) Right Hand||1||1|
|18||Belay Device( Figure of 8/ATC)||1||1|
|19||Backpack 50ltr.Capacity with Waterproof Cover||1||1|
|20||Rock Pitton (3 Sizes - 6cm/8cm/12cm)||1||3|
|22||Tape Sling - Each Member(60cm and 120cm)||1||2|
|23||Spare Changing Clothes for Low Elevation|
|24||Assistant Rope - 7mm||5/8m||2 Pcs|
|25||Carry Mat (Thermarest)||1||2|
|26||Day Pack (Capacity 35 Ltrs with Waterproof Cover)||1||1|
|28||Personal Medication &First Aid Kit||1 set||1 Set|
|30||Water Bottle capacity 1Ltrs||2||2|